[ICM] Week 01 : My Hair portrait

Recently, I am interested in creating interactive online or visual space, and several methods using Websocket or Socket.io for participating easier. Especially I want to figure out more fun and attractive ways to deliver information for museums, amusement parks, or campaigns and so one. But I also like to explore creative coding to mimic nature, phenomenon, custom, or abstract emotions and so on.

Once I tried to imitate traditional “Weaving” process and the visual result using Processing. But I almost gave up. If I have a chance to do it, I want to make it again! I just got an idea that audience can create digital fabrication using weaving gestures with their smartphone or tangible tools.

img_47911_1 images Image source 01  | Image source 02

I was into some projects from Chrome Experiments (Racer , Super Sync Sports), especially connecting mobile devices to participate and synchronize between different screens. Moreover, I want to explore how people can enter the virtual spaces without complicated steps.

My (hair) portrait
“Move mouse vertically on the canvas!”

For me, Bezier function is (always) tricky for me. I want to use this for drawing my hair. I had to illustrate how each element works with a pen. Then I could understand bezier function, and applied ‘mouseY’ value. (my hair always falls over my face…)

But I could not make red cheek with blurred circle edge. I tried to use ‘filter(BLUR,n)’. Is there only way to make blurred ?6teqb

%e1%84%89%e1%85%b3%e1%84%8f%e1%85%b3%e1%84%85%e1%85%b5%e1%86%ab%e1%84%89%e1%85%a3%e1%86%ba-2016-09-14-%e1%84%8b%e1%85%a9%e1%84%8c%e1%85%a5%e1%86%ab-1-34-34

Actually, when I used the P5.js Web editor, a couple of errors occurred. It suddenly turned all white background page, and it did not go back. All the data was gone after previous saving. Maybe I used ‘Println’ function every frame, or bad internet connection. It was very convenient to check in almost real time, but i had to change to SublimeText3. And when I used “filter(BLUR, number)”, it made the web editor really slow.

I could not find any issue with Github. 🙂

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *